JOB DESCRIPTION – E-COMMERCE MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER)
Thank you for your interest in the role of E-Commerce Manager.
GU HERITAGE RETAIL LTD
GUHRL is the University of Glasgow’s retail company. The GUHRL team runs the University Gift Shop, the Hunterian Art Gallery Shop, the University’s Online Shop, and supplies University departments with branded merchandise. We work hard to provide welcoming shops and excellent customer service, as well as a creative and supportive working environment for each other. The company has a turnover in excess of £1 million annually and all profits are donated to the University. There are currently around 14 members of the GUHRL team depending on the time of year.
To be responsible for managing all aspects of our e-commerce offer and social media channels. To ensure that we provide excellent, responsive service to online customers. To integrate in-store and online processes to ensure smooth customer journey. To work with the retail team to deliver business objectives and make a positive contribution to the working environment. To deputise for the General Manager in their absence on any issues related to e-commerce.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide an excellent service to our online customers by keeping our e-commerce offer updated, accurate and looking fresh.
- Work with the General Manager on planning, budgeting and development of online sales and a strategy for future growth.
- Work pro-actively with all members of the retail team to plan and implement online sales procedures, helping them to continue to uphold customer service standards. This will include managing staff who oversee the picking, packing and dispatch of orders.
- Continuously strive to innovate and improve the online offer by maintaining and growing your skillset and keeping an eye on design and service changes by our competitors
- Take the lead on e-commerce sales growth by creating strategies for attracting new customers, driving repeat visits, increasing conversion and increasing average spend.
- Bring a creative approach and consistent voice to social media management to drive e-commerce sales. Explore and establish new sales opportunities using GUHRL and University online channels as appropriate.
- Share knowledge and provide reports to the retail team ensuring that everyone has a good understanding of the e-commerce business. And listen to feedback from other members of staff and customers to create the best offer that we can.
- Maintain a flexible skill set and working attitude, ensuring that you can support all areas of the retail operation.
Essential – Related degree in a design or web discipline. English to Higher level, Mathematics to Standard Grade level (or equivalents)
Desirable – Certification in IT skills outlined below
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Experience of managing a growing online offer for a gift/clothing retailer or visitor attraction
- Experience of budget planning
- Ability to demonstrate that you can self-start, prioritise tasks effectively and work to tight deadlines
- Experience of product and fashion photography for online sales
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- IT skills should include some or all in each of the categories below:
Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
Online sales platforms – Shopify
MS Office – Outlook, Excel, Word
You will work 21 hours per week in a standard pattern to be mutually agreed, this can include some remote working if desirable. However, the pattern may need to change on occasion to adapt to customer needs.
Salary range £20k to £21.5k pro rata.
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and a cover letter of not more than 500 words detailing why you are suitable for the role with reference to the job description below and your specific skills, experience and personal attributes.
Please ensure that your CV does not contain a photograph or your date-of-birth as these are not compatible with our equalities policy.
Deadline for applications: 12pm, Friday 27th March.