GU Heritage Retail Ltd is the University of Glasgow’s retail company. The GUHRL team runs the University Gift Shop, the Hunterian Art Gallery Shop, the University’s Online Shop, and supplies University departments with branded merchandise. We work hard to provide welcoming shops and excellent customer service, as well as a creative and supportive working environment for each other.
The company has a turnover in excess of £1 million annually and all profits are donated to the University. There are currently around 20 members of the GUHRL team depending on the time of year.
YES, WE ARE RECRUITING!
We're seeking outgoing, positive people who love working with the public to join our team as part-time Retail Assistants.
We have 3 or 4 jobs available.These roles will be for between 12 and 18 hours a week. Most shifts are either 4 or 6 hours long and we operate 7-days a week.
Please review the Job Description before applying.
The contracts for these roles will be for an initial 6 months, with a 3-month probationary period.
The rate of pay is the Scottish Living Wage (currently £9.50 per hour) with the option to join the NEST pension scheme. You would be based at the University of Glasgow main campus. Training will be given, and you will be paid for this at the usual hourly rate.
Interviews will take place from 17th to 24th August. These will be in-person for candidates able to attend, or on Zoom/Teams for those who cannot meet us in Glasgow.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS SUNDAY 15th AUGUST.
- Send an email of up to 500 words telling us why you would suit the role
- Attach a copy of your CV
- Use the email subject line: Retail Assistant Roles
- Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please tell us:
- How many hours/days a week you would prefer to work
- If those hours or days are restricted to specific times or days of the week due to other commitments
- If you will continue to work in another role - this could be another part-time job, studies, or a creative practice with studio time or similar
Please DO NOT:
- Tell us your date of birth
- Include a photograph of yourself
If you've got the right skills for the job we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from the right candidates no matter what their age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief or race.